Sunday, May 23, 2010

walkin' around in our summertime clothes.

to be completely honest, I don't like summer weather. I really don't. and it doesn't hit me until days like yesterday and today. I know I shouldn't complain, but I just can't stand the hotness/humidity. it's awful. however, it's times like this that I really, REALLY appreciate living in a basement. it's wonderful down here in the summer. I found myself just sweating and wanting to die while simply sitting at the boys house watching Lost tonight. I can't do it, I can't do it.
Colorado is supposed to have super wonderful weather this week though, which is nice because my parents just told me today that they are going there this weekend and I'm most likely going to tag along. I was getting pretty bummed at the idea of not being able to go to Colorado at all this summer, but this will be nice. I might bring my bike. and I am definitely bringing a butt-ton of books to read and it will be wonderful. I've expressed before my love for escaping Ames, especially to Colorado. I want to live there one day, I really do.

I've just been really happy lately.

there are some truly great things about summer that I can't deny:
-riding my bike everywhere
-eating ice-cream every day
-having literally no worries about school (even though I am taking one class)
-being able to count on hanging out with people every night of the week because no one really has to worry about school
-the general "I-don't-care-about-anything-in-the-world-and-that's-totally-fine" vibe
-bonfires
-grilling out

also, I have found that the band Beulah is a good band for summer. I really don't care about listening to them at any point besides during the summer.

double also, The Love of Everything is playing at the Mews tomorrow for 5 bucks! I am really excited. I haven't seen him since I was introduced to his music at an Appleseed Cast show at the M-shop 4 or 5 years ago. I have a feeling it will be a lot different, but hopefully not different enough that I don't love it like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment